Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Meet Ula, Ned, Ida, Tom, Eva, and Don

I must be imagining this. I mean - this can't be real. Paperdoll children? In WWII uniforms? With NAMES?!?! This is too good to be true.

I am in love with forties uniforms. Head-over-heels in love. I even wrote a love post to the them, which you can check out here.

Okay, so this is a reproduction. Fine. but what it lacks in authenticity it makes up in condition, right? Crumbling paperdolls lose their charm pretty quickly.

And the bonus? According to the website (cottageviolets.com), 50% of the proceeds go to the Vets. Like I didn't already think that $12.95 would be money well spent!

Let's see... we've got the captain, the officer, the marine, the nurse, the soldier, and the lieutenant? I don't know which names correspond to which dolls (given that Ula is probably not the first one), but Ida's got to be the one in the brown uniform. I just know it.

Anyway, I hope you love them as much as I do.

Wait, no. I don't. Because there's only one copy, and I want it for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment